FREE SHIPPING OVER ÂŁ49 T&C'S APPLY

0

Your Cart is Empty

15 Random Fact's about your Pets!

February 13, 2018 2 min read 0 Comments

15 Random Fact's about your Pets!

We loving having those extra tidbits of knowledge or a couple of random facts up our sleeves, but we also love to know more about of four legged friends! So here are 10+ random but incredible facts about your awesome companions 😁

1) A Horses teeth take up more room in their head than their brain 

horse showing teeth

2) New Foundlands have webbed feet and a water-resistant coat (they were originally bred to haul fishing nets and rescue drowning men)

new foundland

3) A Cat's meow isn't their way of communicating with each other, its a behaviour they developed to communicate with us!

cat meowing

4) The little triangle shape on the bottom of a hoof is called a "frog" and is a shock absorber for the leg and helps to pump blood up the horse's leg.

hoof

5) Dog's can only sweat through the pads of their feet

dog paws

6) Only 40% of cats have a prefer paw, the other 60% are all ambidextrous

cat with paws

7) Horses are "obligatory nasal respirators" meaning that their biology only lets them breathe through their nose and not their mouth.

white horse facing you with blue sky in the background

 
8) Puppies are born deaf, blind and toothless!

puppies

9) Unlike Dogs if a cat wags their tag it usually means they are ready to pounce or that you are on their last nerve. A straight (slightly vibrating) tail will mean their excited to see you.

cat wagging tail

10) If you feel behind a horses ear and they feel cold, then the horse is cold too.

ears

11) Dogs can get jealous if they see you giving anyone else attention but them

puppy dog eyes

12) Cats do not have the ability to taste sweet things!

cat licking lollipop

13) The adorable laughing smiling face we see our horses do is actually called Flehmen. It is known to be a way to direct scents in the air to specialized olfactory glands at the end of the nasal passage.

flehmen

14) Your dog can pick up on subtle changes in your scent, which can help him figure out how you are feeling — such as by smelling your sweat when you become nervous or fearful. It’s also likely how dogs can detect certain diseases or know that a household member is pregnant.

dog noses

15) When a cat rubs its cheeks or whiskers on you, they're marking you with their scent. It's a sign of affection, and your cat is essentially claiming you as its own.

cat

 



Also in PetnPony Blog

Ride Safe and Confident: Racesafe Motion Lite Back Protector
Ride Safe and Confident: Racesafe Motion Lite Back Protector

February 07, 2024 3 min read 0 Comments

In the world of horse riding, safety should always be a top priority. Whether you're a seasoned equestrian tackling challenging jumps or a leisure rider enjoying a scenic hack, protecting yourself from potential falls and injuries is crucial. That's where the Racesafe Motion Lite Back Protector steps in, offering lightweight yet effective protection without compromising on mobility.
Read More
Unveiling the World of Horse Rugs: A Comprehensive Guide
Unveiling the World of Horse Rugs: A Comprehensive Guide

December 20, 2023 4 min read 0 Comments

From safeguarding against rain to providing thermal comfort, horse rugs play a pivotal role in equine care. In this blog post, we'll delve into the diverse world of horse rugs, exploring their features, benefits, and the situations in which they are most beneficial.
Read More
Embracing Winter Adventures: The Ultimate Guide to Dog Coats
Embracing Winter Adventures: The Ultimate Guide to Dog Coats

December 18, 2023 5 min read 0 Comments

Enter the world of dog coats, a diverse range of protective garments designed to shield your four-legged friends from the biting cold. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore five exceptional dog coats that cater to various needs and preferences. 
Read More