We loving having those extra tidbits of knowledge or a couple of random facts up our sleeves, but we also love to know more about of four legged friends! So here are 10+ random but incredible facts about your awesome companions 😁
1) A Horses teeth take up more room in their head than their brain
2) New Foundlands have webbed feet and a water-resistant coat (they were originally bred to haul fishing nets and rescue drowning men)
3) A Cat's meow isn't their way of communicating with each other, its a behaviour they developed to communicate with us!
4) The little triangle shape on the bottom of a hoof is called a "frog" and is a shock absorber for the leg and helps to pump blood up the horse's leg.
5) Dog's can only sweat through the pads of their feet
6) Only 40% of cats have a prefer paw, the other 60% are all ambidextrous
7) Horses are "obligatory nasal respirators" meaning that their biology only lets them breathe through their nose and not their mouth.
8) Puppies are born deaf, blind and toothless!
9) Unlike Dogs if a cat wags their tag it usually means they are ready to pounce or that you are on their last nerve. A straight (slightly vibrating) tail will mean their excited to see you.
10) If you feel behind a horses ear and they feel cold, then the horse is cold too.
11) Dogs can get jealous if they see you giving anyone else attention but them
12) Cats do not have the ability to taste sweet things!
13) The adorable laughing smiling face we see our horses do is actually called Flehmen. It is known to be a way to direct scents in the air to specialized olfactory glands at the end of the nasal passage.
14) Your dog can pick up on subtle changes in your scent, which can help him figure out how you are feeling — such as by smelling your sweat when you become nervous or fearful. It’s also likely how dogs can detect certain diseases or know that a household member is pregnant.
15) When a cat rubs its cheeks or whiskers on you, they're marking you with their scent. It's a sign of affection, and your cat is essentially claiming you as its own.